Monday, January 14

DBDeploy.NET

Taken from www.dbdeploy.com:

dbdeploy is a Database Change Management tool. It’s for developers or
DBAs who want to evolve their database design - or refactor their
database - in a simple, controlled, flexible and frequent manner.

While the java version of dbdeploy has received accolades over the past year, I'm curious how many people are aware that there is a .NET port (available here).

How many people are currently using it? How many would like to be?

I know there is limited documentation or examples of using the .NET version available and have been toying with the idea of doing some posts on how to use dbdeploy.net on a project.

Anyone interested?

(note: expressing interests strongly increases the likelihood it will happen)

9 comments:

Alex said...

You may want to ping the Jim Arnold. When I was at his team, we used dbdeploy.net and also fixed some bugs but never submitted the code back.

Unknown said...

Yes, very very interested. Had looked at the Java version but being a .Net team, didn't investigate any further.

Unknown said...

I'm reading Refactoring Databases at the moment and lamenting over the lack of tools. I will check out dbdeploy.net and please post more info!

Bruno said...

+1
I'm also interested, since my team's work is mostly (if not all) .net based.

Thanks

Unknown said...

Definitely interested as well.

lytri said...

I'm going to be taking a look at immediately. I've set up CI for my project and the db is the big thing missing right now. I'd love to have a tool to help manage this.

Chris said...

+1

I'm currently using railsish migrations. It is ok, but could be lots better.

CR said...

By all means... this will be appreciated by many =)

trgoodwin said...

see follow up post